Sunday, March 7, 2010

More spring cards



I spent the night before the MPRE making this (after studying of course). It's addressed to a graduate who "stands out from the crowd." The hat is actually modeled off the design I made for my own college graduation hat, not that I'm trying to flatter myself by implying I'm a standout in any way. Actually, a lot of people in my department decorated their hats: my friend, who sat beside me, put a little bear on her hat, one guy dressed up as a pirate, and apparently there was another guy who decorated his hat in a similar way to mine. My friends, who had been trying to find me, told me about him. "That guy was really big and macho," they said, "and we thought, 'no, that can't be Michelle.'"

Anyway, the card isn't finished yet - I still need to write a "Congratulations." But just wanted to preview it here.

However, after the MPRE yesterday, I was able to finish these cards below:



The Easter Egg nest



The Russian Easter cake (kulich), which is taken to the church the night before Easter to be blessed.



The Octopus graduate, complete with a graduation cap, tassel, and lei (but no diploma! It will be mailed to him later.)

No comments: