A few people asked me if I was planning to use what I learned in the class to supplement my business. The first time I was asked this question, I was slightly taken aback because I had no thoughts in that direction. I really did just take this class to round out my visual arts skills (while I painted as a child, I'm not sure if I actually took a class where they really taught you how to paint) and because I thought it would be fun. And it's a great feeling to do something creative just for the fun of it, and not think about how you're planning to make money out of it. It's so nice. Anyway, I just thought I would share a butterfly-in-progress with you all, just because. Enjoy!
Friday, February 17, 2012
Ventures into Watercolor
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that I am, for the most part, a self-taught designer. I didn't go to art school, I have no idea how to use computer-aided design, and with the exception of a drawing class I took in college, the last time I dabbled in the visual arts before I started Chelleline Cards was before high school. It's given me a little bit of a complex, so I decided to remedy that this year by taking a mixed media painting class taught by my friend Emily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment