Rather than scour the internet for a left-handed calligraphy nib, I've decided simply to redo all the strokes with a micron pen, which I'm sure puts new meaning into the word "hand-lettering." I've been practicing this summer and have been happy with the results. I took a calligraphy class when I was 13 and loved it, and even though I haven't used a calligraphy nib since then, I've still managed to retain the fundamentals. However, I think my fonts are a mix of Italic and Unical! (I did hear, though, that you should create your own fonts, so there you go.)
I also thought that hand-lettering might be quicker and more efficient than peeling off and gluing tiny pieces of letters spit out by my Silhouette - which is why I hand-lettered the above card - but after going through six of them, I'm not so sure anymore!
2 comments:
I've noticed that I get along notoriously well with lefties. Weird!
All the more reason why we should meet someday! :)
Post a Comment