Friday, April 12, 2013

Evolution of a brand


I'm happy to introduce the latest logo for Chelleline Cards! (This is what goes on the back of my cards. Technically, the right word is "backcopy", but "logo" just sounds so much better, doesn't it?) Having never learned Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, I was at a bit of a loss when it came to brand development, which almost always takes shape on the computer.

When I first started Chelleline Cards in 2007, I made a stamp from an established template on Vistaprint. At that time, I didn't even have my own website, so I used my Etsy site. (I know, super professional. That was me.) In late 2010, though, I decided I wanted a logo that had my proper website. So I had a stamp made with the company name in cursive and the website in type below it. It was better, but still not completely up to par. (Mitya actually didn't like it at all; he thought the logo was too big.) Finally, at the end of last year, I sat down and sketched out what I wanted the new logo to look like. I wanted an image, and who better than my own stuffed animal seal from Lake Baikal (who has gone on to star in several of our cards)? Mitya helped me put the image and text together in Photoshop, and voila! We now have a brand-new logo!

No comments: