Sunday, December 9, 2007

Inspiration: La Familia Green

This card company is definitely my most direct artistic inspiration. I use "inspiration" in the loosest sense, meaning that they energize me and get me excited about my work. I don't mean inspiration in the sense that I get my ideas from them. As you can tell by the website, we are both similar and different. I'm a much bigger fan of the collage cards than I am of the gocco print cards.

One of the reasons why LFG is such an inspiration to me is that the artist still does all of her collage work by hand. I've been thinking about what would happen to my card company if it ever really took off, and how I'd have to borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy up a factory with gargantuan die-cutting machines. Fortunately, as LFG demonstrates, that might not have to be the case.

No comments: