One of my goals in the new year will be to get my cards into more shops (aka brick and mortar shops). The internet is a godsend for shy people like myself. I'm deathly afraid of calling strangers and will endlessly put it off. Now, though, I can send a simple, anonymous e-mail asking them if they'll consider carrying my work--and get a (hopefully quick) response. I already have an appointment scheduled with a Brooklyn card shop in January.
You can currently find my cards at VIX Emporium in Philadelphia and Cranky Yellow Publishing in St. Louis, MO. I just found out that two cards have sold at VIX in the three weeks they've been open (it's in a kind of shady neighborhood and she says business has been slow, so I consider the fact that I've sold anything there an accomplishment!) and the folks at Cranky Yellow just blogged about my cards today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment