Friday, November 20, 2009

Experiments with Photo Styling

Etsy is constantly telling us vendors to style our photos in a pleasing way. So, today, I followed this advice in taking pictures of my newest card. Here are the results:
And yes, I realize that my other Hanukkah card is incorrect. I found that out during the Brooklyn Flea two weeks ago, when a girl told me, "That menorah's not for Hanukkah - it's for Sabbath." How embarrassing! I wanted to explain to her, "My Jewish boyfriend told me the Hanukkah menorah had 7 candles..." but I kept my mouth shut.

4 comments:

jacjewelry said...

They look great! Although I don't listen to what Etsy says. :)

Oh, the weirdest thing - at work, decorations went up over the weekend, and we have TWO menorahs - one with 7 candles, one with 9... What's that all about?! Very confusing. Thank goodness we have only one Christmas tree. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks! I know, it's confusing right? Well, I've been told that the seven candle menorah is for all other Jewish holidays, and the nine candle menorah is for Hanukkah (since the oil that was supposed to last for 1 day ended up lasting for 8...so it's 8+1 candles).

denise said...

Awe! That's too funny! I love the first picture!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Denise! That's the one I decided to use for the main picture :)