I've made a decision: I am going to live on take-out for the next two weeks until my exams are over. I've tried to cook these past few days, but each attempt has been a disaster and keep in mind that these are dishes that I have cooked successfully in the past! What's causing me to screw up? I have to chalk it up to stress over finals. The eggplant parmigiana I made tonight was...not my best attempt. The eggplant was still hard even after I'd baked it in the oven for over 30 minutes. So, no more cooking until after the 21st.
Actually, my failed dish is a nice way to segueway into my Italian round-up. So here goes:
Little Italy by Jennifer Altman - Altman spent a summer in Italy and fell in love with the country. This book is a collection of her polaroid snapshots of her country and her travel narratives. As some of you know, I spent part of last summer in Italy and though I didn't exactly fall in love with the country, it was definitely a memorable experience. While it was not my first time there, it was the first time that I was abroad for a significant length of time (meaning more than 2 weeks) and it was the first time that I was traveling abroad alone. So of course, this book is on my Christmas wishlist.
Notte Sento - I saw this short film, along with a series of short films on love, with my boyfriend a few months ago. This was the only one in the series that I really liked.
And lastly, this is my latest card for the holidays! It is based off the Italian Christmas tradition, Feast of the Seven Fishes. I haven't decided if I'm going to put it up on Etsy yet since it's so late, but it's been one of my most overworked designs - I started sketching a year ago and even made a prototype but was never really happy with what I came up with. I am happy to say now that it's done! I think.... to be continued :)
2 comments:
As someone knows it was Little Italy))
It was *real* Italy!
Post a Comment