Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dipping my feet in that pool again

I have some exciting news to share with you: Chelleline Cards will be at the Puces Pop Foire des FĂȘtes in December! I know, I'm eating my words a bit, given that I've said previously that I pulled out of the craft fair arena, but I do think it's fun to do one once a year, and I think it will help me get better integrated into the scene here in Montreal.

Since this is my first craft fair in over two years, and since I never completely developed a great craft fair display, I've been scouring the internet and walking through craft stores for inspiration. I stumbled upon the blog of Sycamore Street Press, whose displays are pretty awe-inspiring. As I read the blog, I found out that they've actually been blogging since they started designing stationery. It's been really interesting and inspiring to read about their journey!

I couldn't help but feel a twinge of regret as I was reading the blog, though. They started designing stationery around the same time as I did, but they are much further along in their business development than I am. It made me wonder where Chelleline Cards would be now if I'd gone with my instinct and just focused on growing the business instead of going to law school.

Then, today, I read my Free Will horoscope in the Mirror:


I was musing on how slow I am to learn the lessons I need to master - how hard it can be to see the obvious secrets that are right in front of me. But I felt better after I came across the logo for the Jung Institute in San Francisco, which is dedicated to the study of psychology and psychotherapy. The symbol that it has chosen to embody its ruling spirit consists of four snails creeping their way around a center point - a witty acknowledgment of the plodding nature of the human psyche. I bring this to your attention, Leo, because it's important for you to give yourself credit for how much you've grown since the old days - even if your progress seems intolerably gradual."


Well said.

No comments: