It's Friday night and I'm hunched over my desk piecing my cards together. My back hurts and I feel a burgeoning headache above my temple. I'm finishing up a wholesale order and need to get another order of 50 cards finished by next Tuesday.
Yes, folks, this is the dark side of being self-employed. I also spent last Friday like this too, although it was in a hotel room in Asheville. And I spent almost all of my week in North Carolina, which was supposed to be my vacation, making cards. That is what it means to be self-employed. You are your own boss (kind of), but when things need to get done, you are the one who must do it.
However, in spite of all this, I still love what I do and would still do it - working on vacation and all - over any other job I could get with my education and training. And if you do too, then this is the life for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment