Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Road to NSS: Things are getting done edition

Things are getting done, but there's still so much left to do. It doesn't help that I'm starting to get all these new ideas for cards - probably a side effect of all the Stationery Show preparations - and feeling like I have no time to make these new card ideas that are popping into my head like daisies after rain. Why didn't they come to me last fall, when I was having a creative block (and had more time)? Or in January or February? Why now? It's unfair, I tell you!

So, here's the status of the to-do list:

NEED TO DO:
more card designs to finish 7 designs in progress (all hand-drawn, need to be scanned into Photoshop and made into PDFs to print), 7 collage to do.
- photograph new cards done for new card line this afternoon when I was stuck outside on the deck, locked out of the apartment. Still need to do for other cards.
- edit photographs of new cards
revise wholesale catalog on hiatus for now. Current listings (2013 and earlier) have been edited, waiting until photos of new cards are taken, edited and ready.
continue researching stores still in progress
continue working on and finalizing booth design in progress
- print new business cards done!
work on press kits still in progress. Text done, need to order folders and brand the text in Photoshop or Illustrator
create elements for booth still in progress
- design and print stickers for display cards in progress
- create print versions of my mother's card line done! but need to:
- create print versions of approx. 10 cards that I forgot to scan in earlier.
select new Voyages postcards, greeting cards and print samples still in progress (we may not do greeting cards for Voyages)
create stamp for new card line done!
3 samples of all cards in progress 

The damage so far:

Booth fee = $2376.00
FLOR tiles (at 25% off with free shipping) = $360.63
Clip-on lamps from Home Depot = $119.76
Electricity = $113.50
Carbon copy wholesale order forms = $42.70
Printing costs for mailer = $51.28
LOUIE Awards submission = $150.00
Labels for cards = $11.73
Freebies = $101.93 (not so free after all, I guess!)
Business cards = $17.67

Total as of April 10, 2014 = $3345.20

No comments: