
This card depicts the Chinese folktale of the famous archer Houyi and Chang'e, his wife. Rewarded with a pill for eternal life for his heroic feats (namely, shooting down nine of the ten suns that were scorching the earth), Chang'e accidentally swallows the pill one day and flies up to the moon. She then commands the Jade Rabbit on the moon to make a new pill for her so that she can be reunited with her husband. Legend says that the Jade Rabbit, to this day, is still pounding the herbs for the pill. Available here.

My second Baikal-inspired card. I call this "Love is color-blind." The seals depicted are a harbor seal (brown) and a Baikal Nerpa seal (white). Available here.

This is another Octopus Love card, and it was a rejected sketch from my customer back in July. However, I do like the idea, so I made this Octopus card. Available here.

This card is an illustration of a Swedish folktale I read when I was young, about a girl who outwits a giant. Story can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment