I recently had a customer ask me to make a custom card for a friend's birthday. As you know, I love custom orders! He wanted a sleeping girl in a bed because his friend slept a lot, but aside from that, I was given free rein. I thought it would be really cute to have a bird by her window singing 'happy birthday' (an idea he liked as well), and then it was figuring out how to sketch out the scene and which papers to use. I went through a few origami papers before I settled on this green floral piece. I also went through several shades of yellow for the curtains and several shades of blue for the bird before I picked these final ones. And voila! A new custom birthday card! When I showed it to my husband, he said, "I think you can relate to the theme of this card, too."
No comments:
Post a Comment