Thursday, June 7, 2012

New work


Now that the wholesale rush has slowed down, I have time to make new things again. This Rumpelstiltskin card was made at the request of a friend of mine. It was fairly easy to pick which scene to illustrate - Rumpelstiltskin spinning the straw into gold - but the more difficult parts came in deciding the color scheme. I also had to figure out how a spinning wheel worked - and what it looked like - in order to portray it accurately here. It was a lot of fun!

In 2009, my husband bought me a wooden giraffe from the Ukraine. It's painted blue and orange and it can move when you press the bottom of its stand. I loved it and since then had been wanting to make a giraffe card. I had trouble conceptualizing ideas for giraffes, though - until now! The idea behind this card is "Thanks a bunch!" with the taller giraffe helping the smaller one by grabbing onto a branch ("bunch" of leaves) that the smaller one can't reach.

No comments: