This year was a good year for Chelleline Cards. I doubled my number of stores, more than doubled my sales from last year, got some press, got set up for credit card processing, created our first calendar (well, that was actually Mitya's doing, but still!), launched a few new product lines, etc. On the other hand, the new product lines weren't well received, I've hit a production ceiling, am having scaling issues, and am trying to cut down on company expenses.
Next year, I'd like to step back a little from my pursuit of wholesale accounts. I don't mean I'm going to stop looking for new stores, but I want to focus more on building relationships with the stores that I have - as well as clearing out some of the deadwood - rather than trying to rack up numbers. If there's one thing I've learned this year, it's that quality, not quantity, is what matters.
I also want to tackle the production issue. I tried to make a printable line this year, but it didn't work out well and I have an idea for how to fix it.
I also want to be more organized about my PR efforts and am putting together a publicity plan for 2013.
And I want to keep creating cards that make people smile! We'll see what happens. Happy Holidays and best wishes to you all in the New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment